March 8, 2018

Necchi Logica 592 (1980s)

I sold my Sensor Sew with great regret but I was after the real deal... The Logica 592

The 592 I think is the primo version; it has both the speed control slider and the needle position switch. A couple of the things that the SensorSew does not have.

As soon as you go for a computerized machine you have to at the minimum have needle up-down position.

The Logica has needle up-down and motor speed control



It was a risky ebay purchase and of course it had a machine killing broken part in it.
It has several unfortunate damages but I will pick a parts machine when I find it.
Came with original manual all of the attachments and cover.

The broken bit is probably very common but is exactly the type of part I can fabricate.


This is the part that raises the feed dogs out of the Quilting or down position.
Reading online it seems that if you force the up-down lever when the cam is out of position you can break it.
The steel insert is there to slide on the plastic cam so I decided to make the whole thing out of steel


I digitized into cad but got a key dimension wrong so had to make a second one, I will go back to the cad model and correct it.




With a quick test it seems to be working perfectly

No more (eye roll) free quilting though

Update 04.20.18:

Love using this thing however, it does not have left/right/center settings for the needle! (least I haven't found it or a way to fake it) Necchi really dropped the ball on this one, I don't think the SensorSew does either maybe you have to work with the adjustable feet?

It does however have a better up/down needle position than either the Pfaff 1471 or the Bernina 1230 in that the needle goes up or down WHEN you hit the button instead of waiting for another cycle.




23 comments:

  1. I need to find parts for my Necchi Logica 592. Anyone know where I can look? Also, what size bobbin does it take?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so rare... keep an eye out for the Sensor Sew.
      Which parts are you after?

      Delete
  2. I need to replace the keyboard, the reverse button doesn't work

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is there a fine tuning screw to raise the feed dogs just a bit to compensate for wear?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am the original owner of a Necchi Logica 592. I had it serviced about ten years ago and never used it once I got it back. Is there a market for these, as I know it is a heavy duty machine. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Betsy - May I buy your machine from you? I’m fascinated with them and would love to own a working one. Let me know! Thank you!

      Delete
    2. Do you still have this machine? I have one and the repairman lost a part (so he said) when repairing it. That is not available as most are not. If interested in selling whats the cost?

      Delete
    3. Hi! I have one that I purchased with the intention of getting a replacement pedal. I am willing sell it, My daughter would rather have a newer machine.

      Delete
    4. Can you message me on my Facebook page The Fuzzy Navel if you still have it?

      Delete
  5. I bought one from the original salesman /owner. Maybe I will keep it. It came with the original cover, manual and all parts. In the original box. The only thing is the LED screen has one line out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you see this... would you be willing to scan your manual and email it to me? I have a logica but no manual and can't find one online.

      Delete
  6. HI! Is it possible to post a photograph of the power supply terminal - the bit that plus into the machine? I have acquired this machine but it does not have a power supply and it would be very helpful to see what the plug looks like... Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can if you still need it. Just reply with your email and I can send pictures or you can message me through my Facebook page The Fuzzy Navel.

      Delete
  7. I have a necchi logica 592 it is in tip top condition has all the components it came with even some original thread and a form fitting cover..but I lost the cord and foot pedal while moving this machine will make someone very happy ... asking 800 but will consider any offer ..contact by email or call 6154872059

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Tom.

    We are in the same feed dog-less boat here. Do you still have the CAD drawing? He can make it at work. After fixing a recalcitrant foot controller, everything else seems fine. Thank you for your time

    barb

    ReplyDelete
  9. find me at aging lassie *at* g mail "dot" co m

    ReplyDelete
  10. cerco manuale logica 592 GRAZIE

    ReplyDelete
  11. My mom gave me hers (this model) and it was never used. Is it worth anything if I sells online?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have the opportunity to buy one of these. Where is this part you had to replace?

    ReplyDelete
  13. One of these is for sale in Hillsborough NJ. Check Facebook Marketplace. Too far for me otherwise I would snap it up. They're asking $88.00

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi! I have the same problem with little piece broken! I haven't found replacement! Do you still have the CAD drawing? I would love to make the machine work again! Thanks a lot in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Curb alert! Logical for sale on FB! https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/244199078490548

    ReplyDelete